In collaboration with the Office of Early Childhood and the Quality Advancement Team, we are preparing our state for the transition from the revised versions of the Environment Rating Scales to the third editions. We are currently training providers and coaches across the state in the new scales, virtually! Due to COVID-19, the Colorado Shines implementation of the third edition of the Environment Ratings Scales (ERS-3) was temporarily delayed. Starting in January 2022, we will be conducting Colorado Shines Ratings in-person using the third editions of the scales (ECERS-3, ITERS-3, and FCCERS-3)!
As we plan to return to the field, we need volunteers that would allow two observers to visit at the same time so we can train our staff on the newest editions of the Environment Rating Scales (ECERS-3, ITERS-3, FCCERS-3).
- Observations are being offered at no cost to you
- These are scheduled observations
- These are conducted in-person with health protocols in place
- We will ask about and follow by your program’s health protocols
- Our goal is to visit and experience a variety of program types/philosophies/curriculums, etc.
- We hope to start ASAP and continue through winter
- These are practice observations and are not official in any way
- Observation data will be kept confidential
- Providers will receive a feedback report for each classroom observed detailing the results of the observation
- Depending on interest, not all interested providers will be selected for observations
What are the benefits of participating?
- Practice using the newest editions of the Environment Rating Scales
- Observation results can inform professional development
- Practice for future Colorado Shines Ratings
- Observations can be used for teacher Demonstrated Competencies in PDIS
If you are interested in volunteering, click the button below to submit a form.
Click the links below to download and view all re-tooling resources, including communication flyers and third edition ERS resources from the Quality Advancement Team!