Be sure to check back regularly to get our latest news updates.
WASHINGTON - Congress has approved an increase of more than $3 BILLION for child care and early learning, including:
• $610 million increase for Head Start - with $115 million of those dollars dedicated to Early Head Start expansion or Early Head Start partnerships
• $35 million increase for CCAMPIS, funding child care for mothers who are college students
• $20 million increase for 21st Century Community Learning Centers, supporting after school programs
• $11.4 million increase for Part C of IDEA
• $12.8 million increase for Part B, Section 619 of IDEA
• $250 million flat funding structure for Preschool Development Grants
Big thanks to the Senators and Representatives who made this possible!
Our partner ZERO TO THREE wants you and your baby to join hem at Strolling Thunder on May 8 to share your story with Members of Congress. As part of their Think Babies campaign, ZERO TO THREE is bringing babies and families from all 50 states to Capitol Hill to meet with their elected leaders face-to-face and share their story about why Congress must #ThinkBabies. ZERO TO THREE will cover all travel costs for a parent, their children under age three and an adult travel companion to assist with child care. They will also provide guidance, training and support to families before and during their trip.
There is no experience necessary, but ZERO TO THREE would like participants to see themselves as advocates - whether that means speaking up for their child's needs, or contacting an elected official about an issue. They'd also like families to be willing to spend a small amount of time in the weeks leading up to the trip preparing for their meetings. Each family will visit their Senators, as well as their Representative. ZERO TO THREE will select one family from each state to participate and will give priority to registrants from Representative DeGette and Representative Coffman's district, as these Colorado Representatives sit on key committees of jurisdiction for early childhood issues.
If you are interested in traveling to Washington, DC with your baby or toddler to meet Members of Congress and tell your story, please fill out the ZERO TO THREE Interest Form no later than Friday, February 23. ZERO TO THREE will follow up with everyone who has expressed interest by late March to let them know if they have been selected. If you have any questions about this amazing opportunity, please contact Amanda Perez at email@example.com