Child Family Educator - Bilingual
Child Family Educator - Bilingual
Make an Impact on Our Community! Clayton Educare is a progressive non-profit in NE Denver providing quality, Qualistar rated, NAEYC accredited Early Head Start and Head Start programming within a dynamic learning community. We are seeking Child Family Educator to service 30 families.
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for providing family and child development information and services for families enrolled in Clayton Educare. Monitors compliance with such in accordance with Head Start performance standards. Provides training and support where appropriate to ensure ethnically responsive approaches to problem solving for children and families. Participates in the development and facilitation of programs for parents and in a trans-disciplinary approach to meeting family goals. Coaches parents in being most effective as parents, in problem solving, and in moving toward and reinforcing self-sufficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, ACF, licensing, NAEYC, Qualistar Rating and organization guidelines, provides high quality family and child development information and services to teen parents and their infant/toddler children (0-3).
• Implements the Bounce Learning Network Core Features.
• Initiates, influences, and supports parental involvement as the primary teacher of their children.
• Provides health education to families and assistance in accessing health, well-child, immunization, and dental care. Completes mental health screening and assists with referrals as needed.
• With the classroom teacher and parent, plans the completion of developmental screenings, according to prescribed timelines and develops appropriate child/family development plans to address needs.
• Properly refers all children showing delays according to developmental screenings. Ensures educational goals for children with IFSP’s are coordinated.
• Maintains updated professional skills in family development, child development, and actively participates in program-sponsored trainings and meetings.
• Provides on-going contacts with families and children to include home visits, conferences with the teacher and family, daily classroom visits.
• Functions as a service planner for families by assisting them in accessing appropriate resources and brokering, referring, linking, and mediating services. Communicates program expectations, assesses strengths and needs of families, supports and monitors their growth toward self-sufficiency.
• Coordinates regularly scheduled opportunities for family participation to include parent meetings, volunteer opportunities, governance, and other events. Plans and carries out events including space reservation and preparation, speakers and activities for the entire family, childcare, and transportation.
• Prepares and maintains timely and accurate documentation of caseload and required comprehensive program documentation.
• Promotes a strength-based team orientation and trans-disciplinary approach to meeting family goals by demonstrating responsible professional behavior and participating effectively within and across teams. Communicates family information as necessary to staff and informs family of such. Makes referrals as appropriate and maintains adequate schedule flexibility to meet changing needs of families.
• Demonstrates responsible professional behavior by participating effectively within and across teams.
OTHER DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meets with Mentor/Coach CFE on weekly or bi-weekly basis.
• Actively participates in relevant community functions and organizations to develop an effective network of resources and advocate for families.
• Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the quality of Early Head Start and Head Start Programs.
• Assist with recruitment of Clayton Educare families.
• Is responsible for regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule and Clayton Educare policies.
• Attends all training sessions and meetings as required to participate in communication within the Clayton Educare Program and meet the training needs of the position.
• BA/BS Social Work or equivalent.
Work experience in positions similar or related to this job:
• 1 to 2 years experience in related field.
• Bi-lingual, fluent in English/Spanish is required
Special training or experience:
• Knowledge of the culture and conditions inherent within the surrounding community. Experience in relating to small children, and interacting with parents and others who represent various backgrounds. Training or experience in working as a functional member of a team.
Additional requirements include:
• Background check, Physical exam and current TB test,
• Pediatric first aid and CPR certification,
• Valid driver’s license with evidence of auto insurance.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT: We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits! Including medical, dental, vision, flex plan, life insurance, LTD & STD, 401k, EAP, onsite wellness program, paid school breaks, sick, personal and vacation days, tuition reimbursement, professional development programs, new state of the art school located on a historic beautiful 20 acre campus.
We seek to reflect the diverse community we serve EEO M/F/D/V